Vital Statistics Information:
Click here to order a death certificate.
In Florida, anyone may order a Florida Death Certificate "Without cause of death".
A Florida Death Certificate "With Cause of Death" is confidential by Florida Law and may only be issued as follows:
- To the decedent's spouse, parent, child, grandchild, or sibling (if 18 years of age or older).
- To any person who provides a "Will" that has been executed pursuant to state statute 732.502; an insurance policy or other document that demonstrates his or her interest in the estate of the decedent;
- Or to any person who provides documentation that he or she is acting on behalf of any of the previously mentioned persons.
- Fifty (50) years following the date of death, "Cause of death" becomes public information and anyone may obtain a Death Certificate with this information. Any time period prior to the fifty years, "cause of death" is considered confidential by Florida law.
- Click here for instruction on requesting cause of death information